To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you looking to eat organic and have your food delivered to your door without tons of waste? Or maybe you eat paleo, gluten-free or vegan and are looking for a simpler solution to meal prep. Sunbasket might be a delicious option for you, especially since you can get your first three meals free when you use our link.
- Key Features
- Price (With Coupon Code)
- Customer Reviews
- Unboxing Video
- The Cost Of Sunbasket vs Grocery Stores
- Sunbasket vs The Competition
- Can choose which recipes you prefer for the week from 6 or 18 different options (depending on the meal plan you choose)
- Each recipe comes in its own paper bag, so everything is sorted for convenience
- Recipe books supply your recipes but also those for every meal available that week (more options for additional meals)
- Various diet options including Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescatarian & more
- USDA-certified organic
- Clear instructions in every box on how to dispose of the packaging and shipping materials (100% recycle or compost)
- Shipping box’s contents did not stay as cold as what we have experienced with some other delivery services
- No step-by-step photos in the recipe book (if that’s something that’s important to you)
- Very limited diet options for the Family Plan
- Does not ship to AK, HI, MT and parts of NM
- 1 of 2 USDA-certified organic companies (GreenChef is the other company)
- Packaging materials are 100% recyclable or compostable
- No GMO’s
- Most meals take an average of 30 minutes to prepare
- Meals are around 500 to 800 calories per serving
- Option to add on breakfast or snacks
Sunbasket offers two or four people plans with a variety of diet choices, including Chef’s Choice, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Lean & Clean (weight management), Mediterranean, Vegan, Pescatarian, and Diabetes-Friendly.
- 2 recipes/week: $13.99/serving/person
- 3 recipes/week: $11.99/serving/person
- $7.99 shipping fee per order
- 2 recipes/week: $10.99/serving/person
- 3 recipes/week: $10.99/serving/person
- 4 recipes/week: $10.99/serving/person
- $7.99 shipping fee per order
I’ve been subscribed to this service since early last year and in my opinion it is by far the best meal kit option if you need gluten free food. Lots of variety (9+ options in a week, when other services had 4-5), generally well-packed, and with very fresh produce. I’m not sure how their ice packs work, but they stay frozen for a long time. Customer service was helpful and friendly when I called about a weather issue with a delivery. I’ve only had an ingredient issue once, and again, customer service was great. – Maggie S., Yelp 4/7/2018
So far SunBasket is my favorite – good quality food, easy to follow recipes, less packaging than Hello Fresh. Also egg free, soy free, and gluten free options. Even if you don’t continue the service, you will get some really good recipes to do over and over again 🙂 – Lisa A., SiteJabber 3/11/2018
Ordered Sunbasket two weeks ago and our order was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday before 9pm. It never arrived so we called on Wednesday. They stated that it should be to us by that night. Waited and it still did not arrive. Finally, on Friday they apologized, cancelled the order, and said they would give us one week free….except they technically are just reimbursing us for the one week that we paid for that didn’t show up! Also, not sure we can trust that the next delivery will arrive on time either. The food/recipes have been great, but I feel that it’s now unreliable. My husband and I do our grocery shopping on the weekends (don’t have time during the week), so this past week it was our meal plan and when it didn’t come we scrounged all week. Disappointing! – Julia C., Yelp 4/20/2018
I am sorry but I received 2 weeks of deliveries and I didnt eat one thing out of those boxes. First and foremost my packaging wasnt even close to your pics. I had 1 lonely freezer block in the not so insulated box. I temped the protein the second I opened it only to find all were out of the danger zone and god only knows for how long. For those of you ignorant in food safety the zone is 41-135 degrees. in that zone bacteria grows exponentially. my proteins arrived anywhere from 48 to 56. They are going to really mess up someones digestive track not to mention salmonella and ecoli. the mirepoix(finely diced carrots, onion and celery was putrid. at least a week old cut. and all of the (fresh herbs) were not fresh at all. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I am a C.E.C. and know quality. This is far from it. – Jeffrey H., SiteJabber 3/20/2018
We’ve used Sun Basket and wanted to share a glance of what’s inside each box. Watch this quick time-lapse video for a look at what you’ll receive with a Sun Basket subscription.
At first glance, Sunbasket looks more expensive, costing $10+ per serving. However, take into consideration the time you spend finding recipes, creating a shopping list, and grocery shopping in addition to the excess food you’re left with. The grocery store can end up being less convenient and more costly.
Sunbasket isn’t the only meal delivery service for you to choose from. Depending on your diet needs, family size, meal preference, and more, you may be persuaded to choose another company over Sunbasket. Sunbsket is known for its organic produce and sustainable practices, but we want you to be informed of your options. Read our Meal Delivery Service comparison for more information.
Why are you considering ordering meals from Sun Basket?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.