The cozy taste of Thanksgiving can be enjoyed any day with this delightful roasted vegetable with rosemary recipe. It is kind of one I made up along the way from many different inspirations and is highly adaptable to what to have on hand. It’s especially nice in the fall and winter when root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips and the like are easy to find at the local farmer’s market or grocery store. As I often tell my friends who have asked for this recipe, “if you like the vegetable, it can likely go into this dish”. The more variety the better for the most health and nutrient-filled meal. FYI – This recipe is Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free.
Roasted Vegetables with Rosemary Recipe
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Russet Potato
- 2-3 beets (cut off the roots, stems and outside peel)
- 2-3 zucchini (or some yellow squash if you prefer)
- 3 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 large leek (or 2 medium ones)
- 1 red onion (or whatever onion you’ve got)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop up all the vegetables you can imagine into bite-size pieces and put them in a bowl that is big enough to leave a little room at the top! (I included my faves above… you can even do it just with sweet potatoes)
- Break off the rosemary on top of the veggies so it will spread throughout
- Pour a 2 tablespoons or so of olive oil over the bowl of veggies
- Add about 3/4 Tablespoon of salt and 1/4 Tablespoon of Pepper (or whatever you feel is adequate… I am approximating for my taste)
- Then stir it all up together so that oil and seasoning get onto every veggie (I do this with my hands but you can use a spoon if you are more civilized than I)
- Dump it all out flat onto a cookie sheet and put it in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes or so for thorough roasting but be careful in that hot oven!