To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
ProFlowers is a popular online flower delivery service and part of the FTD family. They offer a large selection of flowers, plants, and gourmet gift baskets.
Founded in 1998, ProFlowers was one of the first to the online flower ordering business. But, they were bought in 2014 by FTD, one of the largest flower delivery service companies globally. Could the company’s vast size lend itself to less attention to detail, resulting in lower quality flowers and customer service? Learn more in our review of ProFlowers.
- Rating, Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- User Reviews
- How To Arrange Flowers (Video)
- The Final Verdict
- Competitive product pricing
- Good variety of flowers, gift baskets, candy, balloons, etc.
- Excellent delivery options on holidays & Sundays in some cities
- Personalized gifts available
- Eco-friendly practices, with Veriflora and Fair Trade designations
- Can cancel your order up until it’s en route
- 24/7 customer service via phone and live chat
- Service/shipping rates are higher than many (about on par with 1-800-Flowers)
- Many deliveries require you to arrange flowers yourself
- A large number of consumer complaints compared to other services about flower quality, delivery problems, etc.
- Shop by occasion (i.e., birth month, milestone birthdays, Mother’s Day, Easter, Christmas, etc.)
- Has plants and gift options in addition to flowers
- Website says subscription option is available but could not find pricing or plan options
- Same day delivery available (for an additional fee)
- Delivers by 8 pm through the year and as late as 9 pm during holidays
- Partners across the world to offer international delivery
- Committed to ethical labor standards
- Get reminder emails to re-send in the future
Prices range depending on what type of bouquet and if you wish to include a vase. Prices start as low as $40, and most are under $100.
- $17.99 delivery fee
- Same day delivery available (extra $4.99; may vary during holidays)
- $2.99 care & handling fee
ProFlowers provides a wide selection of floral bouquets which include roses, lilies, tulips, orchids, irises, and more, along with specialty gifts like chocolate-covered strawberries, Mrs. Fields cookies, gourmet food baskets, and plants. ProFlowers also allows you to send a customized vase with your bouquet for an additional cost. – Mackenzie F, Techradar 11/2/2020
I have ordered from ProFlowers a few times for Mother’s Day due to their competitive prices and available options. I prefer to send plants, so my Mom can enjoy them for years to come – not just in the month of May. They always show up on time and send a lovely assortment. The one time flowers showed up less than fresh, I contacted customer service, and they promptly sent out a new bouquet at no cost. – Michelle S., Earth’s Friends
When you have one day you must get it right It’s Valentine’s Day. I ordered flowers ahead of time. I paid extra money to have it delivered on Valentine’s Day. When the flowers never showed up I couldn’t get in touch with anybody. And now a day later they send a generic email letting me know that my flowers will be one day late. – Mark G., Site Jabber 2/15/2020
I received the ugliest flower arrangement I’ve ever seen, and on top of that rotten flowers. I spoke to complain and they replaced it with a worse one. If you don’t to have a bad time, avoid using their service. – Maely, Trust Pilot 6/11/2020
If you get fresh flowers without a vase, here’s a quick one-minute video that shows you how to arrange your bouquet properly. Understanding the steps to take when arranging makes sure your fresh assortment looks beautiful and helps them last longer.
We found pretty lack-luster reviews of ProFlowers, including lousy quality flowers, late delivery, and poor customer service. One would think that there would be a high standard in a large, established company like FTD. But having used ProFlowers ourselves, we can stand confidently behind their product.
There are many newer flower delivery services in the market. They take out the middle man (i.e., local florists), allowing them to pass on lower prices to customers. They also have more control over the quality by sourcing the flowers and plants themselves (versus relying on third-party vendors).
Check out our flower delivery comparison review to see other options, including pricing info for other companies side by side. You can also get flowers delivered to you regularly! Learn more in our flower subscription service review.
Why are you looking to buy or send flowers?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.