To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you into healthy snacks but tired of your local grocer’s options? Why not consider getting a healthy snack box delivered right to your home on a regular basis? NatureBox is the most popular — and in our assessment — the best healthy snack box subscription service you can find on the market. Read on to see why they rank number one in our book, beating out a number of other providers we’ve reviewed!
- More than 100 snacks to choose from
- Choose which snacks are in your box
- Bigger portions
- No hydrogenated oils, added sulfites and artificial colors, sweeteners and flavors
- Less than 200 calories per 30g serving
- Receive a box weekly, bi-weekly or monthly
- Option to skip a month
- Charitable giving to area food banks
- BBB: A+ accredited
- Packaging doesn’t allow you to see the product inside, so you don’t know exactly what’s in the pouch
- Doesn't offer allergen-free snacks (all snacks produced in the same facility)
- You get to choose your snacks from multiple categories: chips/pretzels, nuts & seeds, baked treats, dried fruits and fruit chews, fruit & nut bars, popcorn, granola/oatmeal and more
- Pick “Surprise Me” option if you’re feeling adventurous
- Snacks contain no high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, MSG, or artificial sweeteners, colors and flavors
- Plenty of gluten-free, non-GMO and vegan options
- “Don’t Like It, Don’t Eat It” feature: they’ll replace any snack you don’t like in your next shipment
- Many Target stores nationwide sell select NatureBox snacks
- Packaging is 100% recyclable
NatureBox lets you choose how often you want to receive your healthy snack box delivery: weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. After your first shipment, you can opt to add up to 20 snacks per box.
- 5 snacks for $19.95/box
- 10 snacks for $34.95/box
- Free shipping within the U.S.
NatureBox Canada: USD box pricing is the same in Canada, but shipping costs $4.95 per month.
Office Snack Boxes: NatureBox has a variety of office snack boxes, but you must contact them for pricing.
How Do Customers Rate NatureBox?
See below for some NatureBox customer feedback we’ve found from reliable online resources.
Positive NatureBox Review
I tried out naturebox along with Graze, not expecting any big difference. I ended up loving naturebox. The snacks were wholesome, hella good tasting, fresh and actually healthy. PLUS they are priced at ~ $1 an ounce vs Graze’s ~1.75 an ounce! AND they send out one big box per month containing around 1.25x what graze sends out. – James G., Trustpilot 2/15/2015
Negative NatureBox Review
The good: I like their snacks, just not all of them. The bad: That’s just it, if I don’t like some of the snacks, it’s not cool that I have to continue to pay a monthly membership to receive such products. The ugly: don’t bother calling, it’s a nightmare working with them. Prognosis: I ended up canceling [sic] my membership (that was a hassle by the way), and I may eventually go back, but I need to wait and see. – Jerome, Trustpilot 10/3/2014
What Are GMO Food Products?
GMO foods are genetically modified foods that many of us earth-conscious consumers consider unnatural and potentially unhealthy. Fortunately, NatureBox offers many non-GMO snacks. To learn more about the evolution of GMO foods, watch the video below by Scientific American.
Healthy Snacks Don’t Have to Be a Hassle
Statistics show that Americans want to change their snacking habits. “While nearly three-quarters of consumers wish there were more healthy snack options, more than three in five agree taste is more important than how healthy the snack is for them,” reports Mintel.com. The stats aren’t entirely surprising, but we would argue that most Americans simply don’t know where to find tasty, healthy snacks.
NatureBox is a great source for healthy and tasty snacking. That’s why it is our #1 choice for the best healthy snack subscription box in our comparison of healthy snack box delivery options. Their selection of healthy snack options surpasses most stores and online box subscriptions. But be sure to read our article to see other healthy snack box subscription options for alternatives to Nature Box.
What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.