To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Flowers have a way of brightening up a space and a person’s day. If you’re bad at remember special occasions and don’t have time to go to your local florist, FTD can send you reminders and deliver an arrangement to your recipient the day of ordering.
With numerous arrangements to choose from, you’re bound to find the perfect gift for your loved one. Plus you can add on a card, candy or other items to show how much you care. Read our review of FTD below to learn more about this online floral delivery service.
- Review Overview
- Key Features
- FTD Price (With Promo Code)
- Customer Feedback
- Don’t Forget the Card Message (Video)
- The King of Flowers
- What Are Some FTD Alternatives?
- Best Place to Order Flowers Online
FTD Flowers Review
- Very competitive product pricing
- Excellent delivery options, even Sundays and holidays in many locations
- Huge variety of flowers, plants, gift baskets, candy, etc.
- Personalized gifts
- Extensive wedding collections
- Eco-friendly practices, with Veriflora and Fair Trade designations
- Can cancel orders up until it's en route
- 24/7 customer service by phone
- A number of positive user reviews about their complaint resolution
- No live chat on FTD.com
- Service/shipping fees higher than most
- Offers a variety of FTD floral arrangements, plants, stuffed animals, jewelry, chocolates, champagne, balloons, desserts and more
- Veriflora certification which is the industry’s gold standard certification for supporting sustainable growing practices
- Fair Trade designation which recognizes companies committed to certain environmental and labor practices
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee
- FTD flowers same day delivery is available in some locations with an FTD florist nearby as long as the order is placed by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone
- $67.50 for one dozen, fresh-cut, long-stemmed red roses with a vase
- $19.99 next day shipping
FTD Promo Code
Positive FTD Reviews
Ordered flowers for Valentine’s Day for my wife and they came in on time, cheaper than some of the other places on line and she was happy. I also got free shipping for a year, so the next ones will be even better. – Eric D., Yelp 2/14/2017
I ordered an arrangement for my Grandfathers funeral from *** *******. The flowers were delivered to the viewing ahead of schedule and personally set up and were just beautiful! I had requested a special ribbon to be added with the words ‘Paw Paw’ and the florist delivered the special request with an elegant touch and it meant so much. I will definitely use *** ******* again and I highly recommend them to my family and friends! – Kathy M., BBB 3/6/2017
Negative FTD Reviews
Spent close to $100 to send my mom flowers for her birthday. The flowers depicted on the site were nothing like what was delivered. Very disappointed. FTD has a chance to make it right… I have requested another bouquet to be delivered tomorrow (free of charge). I will update my review depending on what I get. EDIT- Ive added a star because my complaint to FTD yielded a better bouquet … However, it’s still nothing like what I ordered. Can’t imagine ordering from here again. – Jennifer Q., Yelp 2/1/2017
I ordered flowers to be delivered to a funeral. The website states same day delivery, but was unable to deliver given over 24 hours notice. Rather than contacting me, so I could change my order or change florists, they called me over 24 hours later and stated they cancelled my order. I don’t recommend going through FTD. I recommend you call a local florist directly. – Craig F., BBB 3/18/2017
Take your card message up a notch by learning how to do different lettering as shown in this video below.
Want to know what day in U.S. history holds the record for the most flowers sold? That would be August 17, 1977, the day after Elvis Presley died. It is said that 3,116 floral arrangements were delivered in Memphis and the city ran out of flowers. Fans got creative with their requests and sent arrangements in the shape of guitars, hearts and music notes. You can get creative with what you send to your loved one too. You don’t have to stick with the traditional dozen roses, although tradition can be romantic and sweet too.
FTD is one of dozens of online flower and gift basket delivery sites. Want to shop around? Be sure to check out our article where we compare more than 10 of the best places to order flowers online. We even give you our recommendations for online flower delivery companies that specialize in eco-friendly practices.
What is your most common reason/holiday for sending flowers?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.